Ottawa Granite Blog & News
Keeping Your Granite Countertops Looking New
Obviously sealing your Ottawa granite countertops is the most basic, and imperative step to caring for your granite countertops. Other tips to take to keep your Ottawa granite countertops looking spectacular include:
- Keep oil off your granite countertops as this is the one substance that can seep through your sealant. If you are frying foods, put down kitchen towels on the surrounding granite to protect it from splattered oil.
- Don’t skimp on resealing your granite countertops – do it once a year.
- After each and every use, wipe down your granite countertops as dust and grit will wear down the finish on your granite countertops.
- Use a natural stone cleaner to keep your granite surfaces shiny and clean.
Things you need to avoid to keep your surfaces looking great include:
- Pounding on the surface as could cause granite countertops to crack or chip.
- Allow stains to stand unattended. The longer something sits on your countertop, the harder it will be to remove.
- Using strong chemicals or abrasives.
You can stop by our showroom for more tips as TNT serves Ottawa, West Ottawa, Carp, Kanata, Stittsville, West Carleton, Dunrobin, and Arnprior.
Leave a Reply