Ottawa Granite Blog & News
Some Do’s and Don’ts For Your Ottawa Granite Countertops
Taking care of your Ottawa granite countertops in your kitchen is easy if you follow some basic do’s and don’ts to keep them from staining and scratching
Ottawa granite kitchen countertop “Do’s” include:
- Clean up spills immediately with a granite care cleaner. Wine, coffee, fruit juices, sodas, tomato sauce, or any other acidic substances all can leave lasting stains on your your granite countertops.
- Use a granite care cleaner to remove residual cooking oils.
- Use coasters under your bottles and glasses to protect the granite tops from stains.
- Use hot pads. Granite can handle the heat, but the bottom of your pot or pan could scratch or chip your granite countertops.
- Use cutting boards to prevent scratches.
Ottawa granite kitchen countertop “Don’ts” include:
- Never use use bleach, glass cleaners or degreasers. These actually will weaken the granite sealer and make your granite more susceptible to stains.
- Never use cleaners with abrasive properties as these can and will scratch or dull your granite surface.
If you are still in the market for grantite – or any other material kitchen countertops for your Ottawa kitchen, TNT encourages to visit our showrooms serving Ottawa, West Ottawa, Carp, Kanata, Stittsville, West Carleton, Dunrobin, and Arnprior.
Leave a Reply