Ottawa Granite Blog & News
Buying Ottawa Granite in Ten Easy Steps
Want Ottawa granite countertops but now sure how to start? Visiting TNT’s showrooms serving Ottawa, West Ottawa, Carp, Kanata, Stittsville, West Carleton, Dunrobin, and Arnprior is a great start… but let’s break this down in ten easy steps.
- Visiting an Ottawa granite showroom like TNT’s will show you the varieties of Ottawa granite available for your kitchen or bath.
- Ask for samples of your favorite Ottawa granite and maybe even some you are not sure of. Take them to the room where it will be installed and see how it looks with the rest of your decor.
- Once you have one or two Ottawa granite slabs to choose from, test the granite. Look at your Ottawa granite’s porosity by letting several drops of water sit on it for 15 minutes. Once you wipe the water away, if there is leftover reside or staining the Ottawa granite slab is porous and will required more maintenance and sealing.
- Finalize your Ottawa granite choice and measure the area that needs to be covered – length, width, etc.
- Get references from the provider of your Ottawa granite regarding overall quality of product as well as the installation team (if you are using them to install your Ottawa granite).
- Finalize your price by having the Ottawa granite provider come to your house to take measurements and discuss options with you.
- Select an edge for your Ottawa granite slab. There are diverse options for Ottawa granite slab edges, which are often overlooked.
- Finalize everything – from the the specific Ottawa granite slab to the warranty.
- Schedule the installation and get a clear understanding on the process and length of time required.
Leave a Reply