Ottawa Granite Blog & News
The Pros and Cons of Marble Countertops
Recently we’ve talked about both granite and quartz countertops for your Ottawa kitchen – before we move in, let;s consider one more type of stone: marble countertops.
Marble have a crisp and clean, distinctive look – elegant and timeless… and can actually be more affordable than quartz and granite.
So it’s a no-brainer, right? Well not exactly as if your family has kids or individuals that can be clumsy.and or rough on is like most, marble may not be durable enough.
Marble Countertop PROS
- Aesthetics – Classic, timeless beauty, your bright white kitchen will never go out of style.
- Cool Temperature – Marble is naturally cool, great for working with food as it does not conduct heat
- Cost – While some rarer types of marble are very expensive, the more common Carrara (also called Carrera) marble is one of the least expensive natural countertops.
- Widely available – Unlike some quartzes and the hard-to-find quartzite, marble is available from nearly any stone fabricator or stone yard.
- Maintenance – Not only easy to clean, marble countertops will last many lifetimes – and it gets more beautiful with age.
Marble Countertop CONS
- Scratching – Marble scratches easily, especially when exposed for a long period of time by something acidic.
- Staining – Marble also stains; red wine and some fruits are infamous for leaving indelible stains on the marble
Come in to any of TNT’s locations as we serve Ottawa, West Ottawa, Carp, Kanata, Stittsville, West Carleton, Dunrobin, and Arnprior to see our incredible selection.
2 Responses to “The Pros and Cons of Marble Countertops”
Leave a Reply